What We're Doing About Coronavirus COVID-19
LAST UPDATED: 5/7/2020
In the face of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the only thing we want to spread is our sense of optimism and well wishes for you! We hope you are washing your hands, practicing social distancing, and following the CDC’s safety protocols of course.
And to ease your mind that your high-quality, all-natural soap stash will stay fully stocked, we’re including a FREE bar soap with every online order during this pandemic. The free bar soap will not appear in your cart since the shipping team knows to include it with all orders.
Extra Steps We're Taking Now
At The Mad Optimist, we follow good manufacturing practices (GMP) and our standard operating procedures (SOP). These include:
- 🧼Team members wash their hands with soap and water before starting any production runs, and they must re-wash their hands when changing over to a different production run. Use of hand sanitizer is not a permitted substitute.
- 🧼All stainless steel and other work surfaces are washed before and after each use.
- 🧼Team members always wear hairnets and beard nets when entering and working in the production wing.
- 🧼Team members always wear non-latex gloves during the production of lip care products.
- 🧼Any team member with symptoms of illness is required to stay home.
Additionally, we’ve taken these extra steps to maintain the integrity of our production lab during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic:
Access to our production wing and finished product wing are closed to the public until further notice.
- 🧼Immediately upon entering our building, all members of the public must wash their hands for at least 20 seconds.
- 🧼All members of the public must wear a facemask in our production wing and finished product wing, for the duration of their visit.
- 🧼All in-person workshops are canceled until further notice.
- 🧼Every day we sanitize communal, frequently-touched surfaces in The Mad Optimist lab, including door knobs, keyboards, refrigerator doors, etc.
- 🧼Local pickup of bodycare product orders is still an option; however, the order(s) being picked up are handed off to the customer outside the building until further notice. Furthermore, team members are required to wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water after the handoff.
- 🧼If any of our team members wishes to abstain from coming into work during this pandemic due to health concerns, they can do so without repercussions. We want what’s best for our team members!
Need Bar Soap in a Flash?
Follow these simple steps:
- Choose soap(s) from our list of Popular Products.
- Ensure your cart does not contain any custom recipes.
- For even faster delivery, select the "FedEx 2-day shipping" service option when checking out.
- Sit back and relax. We’ll ship your order out the same or next business day. :-)
10 Things to Make You Smile :-)
Now that we’ve got the nitty-gritty out of the way, we wanted to share a few things to up your optimism during these intense times:
- Great Things to Do at Home While Quarantined: Let’s Be Pandemic-Positive
- Stalk Lions, Pandas, and Penguins During Your Social Distancing With These 10 Awesome Animal Livestreams
- This student is delivering groceries for free to the elderly during coronavirus outbreak
- Videos Capture Penguins Going On Adorable ‘Field Trip’ Around Their Aquarium During Shutdowns
- You Can Now Tour 2,500 World-Famous Museums From the Comfort of Your Own Sofa
- Elephants Accidentally Get Drunk On Wine, Then Nap In A Nearby Tea Garden
- Communities vs Covid-19: hundreds of neighbourly support groups spring up
- Online choir spreads joy and togetherness during coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus: Kind Canadians start 'caremongering' trend
- From Terrifying to Terrific: Man Redesigns MRI Machine to Delight Children Instead of Scare Them
Stay In Touch (Without Actually Touching...)
Please let us know if you have any questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or phone at (812) 269-8812. Be clean. Be safe. Be crazy for good!